This is the very important time to take decision about the correct college to choose from the many options that are available.
The question is how to decide a college when there are 570+ engineering colleges in Tamilnadu. In this article we will discuss some of the features of colleges which will help you choose the right college.
There are various factors one should keep his/her mind while deciding a college for admission:
- Infrastructure: This is the most important factor while choosing a college. Infrastructure does not only mean a good looking building. It means that whether a college has sufficient amount of infrastructure according to its intake capacity. It includes classroom, administrative building, workshop, computer labs, various laboratories etc. Because during your four year of graduation you need all these things, so keep it your first preference while choosing a college.
- Faculty: The infrastructure cannot be the only choosing factor when deciding a college. After having a sufficient infrastructure it is the faculty that makes it useful, otherwise it will be a school without a teacher. Always have a look on college faculty which includes Professors, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors, Student-Staff Ratio, Faculties Teaching Experience etc.... A Engineering College must have to satisfy many norms in Faculty Selection as Per UGC's New Regulation.
- Facilities: This is another important factor that you have to keep in your mind. Facilities provided by college assist you during your college period. This includes library, internet, intranet, hostels, seminar halls, dispensary, student clubs, gym etc...
- Placements: This is the most important factor while deciding a college. It does not mean that it is the first and last criteria to choose a college. Placements of a college depend upon many factors like its infrastructure, faculty, facilities provided by college to its students, college rank, past performance of the students in company, and last but not the least individual talent and personality and many more factors. Have a look on past placement record of college, branch wise, as well as company wise. So keep all the things in mind while deciding a college.
- Extra curricular activities: This is also one of the factors that should be taken into account because "all work and no play makes jack a dull boy" indeed. This stands true because not only do you have to study but you also have to survive in a competitive environment and for that you have to be a develop an all rounder personality. Extracurricular activities play a very important role in your personality development. So have a look about extra activities provided by college like, annual function, sport function, students club, seminars and workshops, industrial training, social activities, NCC, NSS etc.
- Location: This factor does not play a very important role but if it is nearby any industrial or software hub then it may be slightly useful to you as far as your industrial training and placement is concerned but keep this factor at last.
So now question which arises is that how you can get so much of information about each and every college. Here are some simple tips for you:
1.Visit the college web site on Internet
2.Consult your seniors
3.Visit the college personally, if possible
4.Take the help of counselor