Freshly Completed +2 Students are ready to Join in Various type of Studies based on their interest and branch studied in +2 Level.
If you are choosing Medical or Engineering fields for study in Tamilnadu, then you have to know something about "counselling".
In Tamilnadu Medical Colleges are affiliated under "The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University" and the Engineering Colleges are Affiliated by "Anna University, Chennai".
So, if a student want to Join in a Medical College he have to check, whether the Medical College is affiliated with the "The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University"
And if a student want to Join in a Engineering Degree Like B.E / B.Tech / B.Arch, then he have to check, whether the Engineering / Architecture College is affiliated with the "Anna University Chennai"
Note : Some other Colleges are having Deemed University Status. But here we are discussing only about the Government University and its Affiliated Colleges.
Medical Colleges : In Tamilnadu Approximately we have 35 MBBS Colleges and 26 BDS Colleges which are affiliated with the "The Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University"
Engineering Colleges : And Around 570+ Engineering and Architecture Colleges are affiliated by "Anna University, Chennai".
Government / Management Quota :
- All the Self finance colleges have to give some % of seats to Government for filling the Seats by Merti Basis.
- As per TN Rules, Normal Self finance colleges have to surrender 65% Seats for Government and Balance 35% of Seat only for Management.
- If the Institution is under any Minority Scheme, then they have to surrender 50% of Seats for Government and Balance 50% of Seats for the Management.
- The TN Government is fixed a Tuition fees for both Government / Management Quota Students. So the colleges have to collect that fees only.
- If any college is collecting More than the prescribed amount as tuition fee then Government can take any punishment action against the college.
Benefit for Government Quota :
- Seats are allotted in Students requested Based on Merit thru Counselling
- Government Quota Tuition Fees is very less comparing to Management Quota Tuition Fees.
- Only Government Quota Students are Eligible for Government Scholarships.
- First Graduation Students can get upto Rs.20,000/- discount on Tuition Fees.
- High standard Colleges' Seats will be possible with Less Tuition Fees.
Management Quota Facts :
- In most Colleges Seats are allotted based on Money and First in First Out Method.
- Government Prescribed Management Quota Fees are almost twice of Government Quota Fees.
- Many Self Finance Colleges are collecting a Big amount as Donation for admission. If not able to pay the donation seat may not be possible. (Source : Many News Paper News)
- First Graduation Discount is not available for Management Quota Students.
- Government Scholarships is not possible for Management Quota Students. (Except SC/SCA/ST Fee Waiver Scheme)
Have any More Questions? Please visit our Students Discussion Forum - TNEACounseling.in.